The Controller will be responsible for all the financial, payroll, insurance, tax and banking functions for Client and all of its single member LLCs and major investment entities. This position will have multiple relationships with consultants, tax advisors, attorneys, and bankers along with managing a small accounting and administrative group.
ACCOUNTING & FINANCE
- Manage all internal accounting processes to include AP/credit cards, AR, payroll, intercompany activity, sales tax and month end processes and reconciliations with coordination of accounting staff.
- Analyze financial statements and make various corrections and year end entries working with business general managers and tax advisors. Calculate and record the YE management fee for all SMLLCs and other 20+ active entities.
- File monthly and/or quarterly sales tax reports and payments for various entities.
- Annually coordinate and implement employee benefit plans with insurance broker with Accounting Manager.
- Annually coordinate and implement P&C insurance policies with insurance broker for both business and personal. Complete the annual work comp audits and coordinate any ongoing property/business changes for all endorsement purposes.
- Maintain banking relationship and create all wires, ACHs, and transfers needed for the entities’ operations. Act as the administrator on all web on-line changes and activity (25+ bank accounts).
- Issue monthly financial packet for various operating entities and coordinate annual budget process as required.
- Work with property management group on tenant leases/rent rolls, AIA payment requests/lien waivers and other related property issues.
- Implement various project requests.
- Effectively communicate and respond to internal and external accounting/finance questions and handle special projects as requested.
- Review strategic investment decisions for the various investment portfolios in coordination with brokers, estate planning advisors and others on special projects and/or government filings.
- Manage the owners personal balance sheet and update semiannually for use with financing reporting requirement.
- Coordinate gift tax reporting internally and with outside advisors.
- Must have a bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Prefer 15+ years of accounting experience in a corporate setting, management company or family office.
- Proficiency in QuickBooks financial software or similar and in MS office programs.
- Background in accounting, budgeting, and taxes with the ability to prepare and analyze financial statements.
- Strong oral and written communication, and ability to interact well with other team members, consultants, and advisors.
- Intellectual flexibility and adaptability for working on a wide range of assignments simultaneously and to meet various deadlines along with attention to details.
- Experience with broadband is a plus.
- Office location in Greater St Louis area, as part of corporate shared services.
- Offer split work setting, home and office.
- Benefits offered – medical, dental, vision, life insurance and cell phone reimbursement.
Director of Finance (1635)
This client will be adding a Director of Accounting and Finance to partner with company leadership and build out the systems, processes and teams nece ....
Director – Technical Accounting (1590)
Director, Technical Accounting and Special Projects Client is seeking a Director, Technical Accounting and Special Projects to be a trusted memb ....
The Controller, under the direction of the CEO and Board of Directors, manages accounting and payroll functions, performs general and cost accounting ....
Senior Accountant (1622)
Reporting to the Controller, the Senior Accountant will be responsible for general accounting procedures: journal entries, fixed asset reporting ....
Investment Analyst (1624)
As a member of the investment team, the Analyst works on deal teams to evaluate and monitor potential and existing equity and subordinated debt invest ....
Staff Accountant (1626)
Staff Accountant - Base salary range $44,000 - $55,000 plus bonus - Successful company with excellent career growth potential Key Responsibili ....
Project Accountant (1629)
The Project Accountant will work closely with project managers, financial analysts, and other stakeholders to ensure the successful financial manageme ....
Cost Accountant (1630)
As the Plant Accountant, you will manage the day-to-day accounting functions to assure accurate and timely information is provided to all levels of t ....
Accounts Payable Specialist
Accounts Payable Specialist Responsibilities: · Charges expenses to accounts and cost centers by analyzing invoice/expense reports; recording entri ....
Director of Financial Reporting and Compliance (1634)
The Director of Financial Reporting and Compliance provides leadership to the financial planning, reporting and analysis functions. Utilizing fin ....