Director – Technical Accounting (1590)
Director, Technical Accounting and Special Projects
Client is seeking a Director, Technical Accounting and Special Projects to be a trusted member of the corporate team. This position reports to the Corporate Controller and is a key component of the Controllership organization. The Director, Technical Accounting and Special Projects closely collaborates with other functions, departments, and key stakeholders across the organization.
Position Summary: This position will be the technical accounting expert on the accounting team and provide support in manner other areas as noted below.
- Manage the technical accounting and special projects team
- Responsible for the assessment and implementation of all technical accounting topics impacting the company, including evaluation, documentation, and communication of all new accounting standards and general reporting trends.
- Provide insight into financial matters while updating management of potential risks and areas of exposure
- Work closely with other functional areas to identify potential areas of accounting concern (due diligence team, integrations team, operations teams) as we complete high volumes of M&A, complete integrations, and alter our business processes
- Play an active role in the oversight of the accounting implications of M&A activity to include involvement in purchase accounting assessment, coordination with our auditors on conclusions reached and issue resolution, and post-close activities including settlements and integration
- Ensure GAAP compliance of our system-generated balance sheet and income statement; oversee the preparation of a monthly statement of cash flow
- Oversee the preparation of the annual financial statements with related footnotes
- Manage the financial statement audit process with external auditors
- Coordinate other financial reporting requirements including foreign entity requirements, and relief fund reporting, amongst others
- Develop and oversee the process of reporting requirements for our joint venture partners and serve as key point person for such interactions
- Partner with the finance team to help analyze and document financial statement activity and variances, as needed
- Develop and oversee a best-in-class process for the evolution and maintenance of our accounting policies and procedures across
- Prepare accounting entries for balance sheet reconciliations for certain technical general ledger accounts
- Lead internal control improvements and alignment with SOX objectives
- Be prepared to assist the company with any potential SEC filing requirements including registration statements, 10Qs, 10Ks, etc. as such needs may arise
- Drive continuous improvement around company processes as identified
- Special projects as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting required
- CPA certification required
- 8+ years experience in an accounting manager or assistant controller position
- Prior experience in public accounting
- Prior experience working in a finance role within a public company
- Prior experience successfully managing a team
- Knowledge of US GAAP and SOX principles, including implementation and controls
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products with advanced skills in Excel
- Strong knowledge of SAP is highly preferred
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) skills, customer service, and organizational skills.
- Leadership – ability to manage a team, attract talent, develop and mentor existing talent
- Ability to create best-in-class processes: migration from a simple aggregator will require the ability to assess existing processes, design and build new processes, and ensure efficient and well-controlled processes
- Experience in a fast-paced environment with a proven ability to multi-task and prioritize is critical; strong focus on designing and building while continuing to acquire new companies, integrating existing companies, and conforming operational processes across the enterprise
Compensation: $140-170,000 base salary plus bonus and outstanding corporate benefits
Director of Financial Reporting and Compliance (1634)
The Director of Financial Reporting and Compliance provides leadership to the financial planning, reporting and analysis functions. Utilizing fin ....
The Controller, under the direction of the CEO and Board of Directors, manages accounting and payroll functions, performs general and cost accounting ....
Financial Leadership role (1621)
The Controller will be responsible for all the financial, payroll, insurance, tax and banking functions for Client and all of its single member LLCs a ....
Investment Analyst (1624)
As a member of the investment team, the Analyst works on deal teams to evaluate and monitor potential and existing equity and subordinated debt invest ....
Cost Accountant (1630)
As the Plant Accountant, you will manage the day-to-day accounting functions to assure accurate and timely information is provided to all levels of t ....
Director of Finance (1635)
This client will be adding a Director of Accounting and Finance to partner with company leadership and build out the systems, processes and teams nece ....
VP Income Tax Compliance & Planning (1636)
The Vice President, Income Tax Compliance/Planning will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of income tax compliance, ensuring the company' ....
Staff Accountant (1626)
Staff Accountant - Base salary range $44,000 - $55,000 plus bonus - Successful company with excellent career growth potential Key Responsibili ....
Senior Accountant (1622)
Reporting to the Controller, the Senior Accountant will be responsible for general accounting procedures: journal entries, fixed asset reporting ....
Accounts Payable Specialist
Accounts Payable Specialist Responsibilities: · Charges expenses to accounts and cost centers by analyzing invoice/expense reports; recording entri ....