Accounts Payable Specialist (1640)
The Accounts Payable Specialist is responsible for supporting the Accounts Payable Manager in executing all aspects of the accounts payable function within the Finance & Accounting department. This includes managing the Company’s outgoing payments, ensuring that bills and invoices are processed into the ERP (MS Business Central) completely, accurately and in a timely manner. Additionally, the AP Specialists will verify expenses have approval, reconcile to vendor statements, resolving discrepancies, and work with the General Accounting team to make sure items are properly coded to the right practice, entity, and general ledger account. An Accounts Payable Specialist plays a crucial role in ensuring that a company’s financial obligations are met accurately and in a timely manner. This role requires attention to detail, financial acumen, and the ability to maintain positive relationships with vendors and internal stakeholders.
- Invoice Processing:
- Receive and review invoices from vendors and suppliers.
- Verify the accuracy of invoices to supporting documentation, including matching them to purchase orders and receipts.
- Resolve any discrepancies.
- Code invoices to appropriate expense accounts and cost centers.
- Ensure non-PO invoices are approved by an appropriate person.
- Prepare and process payments, such as checks, electronic transfers, or ACH payments.
- Ensure payments are made within agreed-upon terms to take advantage of discounts and avoid late fees.
- Maintain a record of all payments made.
- Communicate with vendors regarding payment inquiries, discrepancies, and issues.
- Build and maintain positive relationships with vendors to ensure smooth transactions.
- Ensure credit is received for outstanding memos.
- Reconcile vendor statements to ensure all invoices and payments are accounted for accurately.
- Investigate and resolve discrepancies or discrepancies in a timely manner.
- Match receipts and process credit card bills.
- Review and process employee expense reports, ensuring compliance with company policies, such as ensuring manager approval and timely submission.
- Maintain organized and up-to-date accounts payable records and documentation.
- Generate regular reports for management, summarizing accounts payable status and outstanding liabilities.
- Ensure compliance with company policies and procedures, as well as relevant accounting regulations.
- Maintain proper documentation and audit trails for all accounts payable transactions.
- Protect the organization by maintaining confidentiality.
- Maintain accurate and organized accounts payable records and documentation.
- Assist in month-end and year-end closing processes.
- Foster strong relationships with leaders, and support services teams; actively address the needs of the practice by resolving concerns, responding to feedback, and understanding the financial data.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or a related field (or equivalent work experience).
- Previous experience in accounts payable or a similar financial role is often required.
- Knowledge of accounting principles, practices, and regulations.
- Proficiency in accounting software and Microsoft Excel.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent financial and quantitative skills.
- Strong and effective communication skills.
- High degree of professionalism
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills.
Project Accountant (1629)
The Project Accountant will work closely with project managers, financial analysts, and other stakeholders to ensure the successful financial manageme ....
Director of Financial Reporting and Compliance (1634)
The Director of Financial Reporting and Compliance provides leadership to the financial planning, reporting and analysis functions. Utilizing fin ....
Cost Accountant (1630)
As the Plant Accountant, you will manage the day-to-day accounting functions to assure accurate and timely information is provided to all levels of t ....
Staff Accountant (1626)
Staff Accountant - Base salary range $44,000 - $55,000 plus bonus - Successful company with excellent career growth potential Key Responsibili ....
Sr IT Financial Analyst (1639)
Our client is seeking a seasoned Senior IT Finance Analyst to join the finance team, focusing on IT financial management and analysis with a dotted li ....
Accounts Payable Specialist
Accounts Payable Specialist Responsibilities: · Charges expenses to accounts and cost centers by analyzing invoice/expense reports; recording entri ....
Investment Analyst (1624)
As a member of the investment team, the Analyst works on deal teams to evaluate and monitor potential and existing equity and subordinated debt invest ....
Director – Technical Accounting (1590)
Director, Technical Accounting and Special Projects Client is seeking a Director, Technical Accounting and Special Projects to be a trusted memb ....
The Controller, under the direction of the CEO and Board of Directors, manages accounting and payroll functions, performs general and cost accounting ....
Financial Leadership role (1621)
The Controller will be responsible for all the financial, payroll, insurance, tax and banking functions for Client and all of its single member LLCs a ....