Best Gadgets to Increase Productivity At Work
Let’s face it – some days there just isn’t enough coffee in the world to help us reach that sweet spot of productivity. We fight the good fight to attain the coveted mental state that unlocks our ability to power through tedious tasks, problem solve, and strategically brainstorm. We opt for that extra espresso shot, feng shui our workspace, and craft history’s most perfect playlist – all in pursuit of getting “in the zone.”
So to help you reach your professional nirvana, we’ve compiled a list of some of the best apps and gadgets that will cut out the noise and streamline everyday tasks so you can focus on what you do best.
- SaneBox: Email management at its finest. SaneBox offers response tracking, and the ability to hit the snooze button on everything but your most important emails and contacts. So if your overflowing inbox is constantly distracting you from the task at hand, SaneBox may be a strong solution and works across all email clients and devices.
- ScheduleOnce: If a good portion of your day is bombarded with scheduling and rescheduling meetings or conference calls, ScheduleOnce can help ease the burden. With add-ons for Outlook, Webex, and other platforms, ScheduleOnce can streamline group scheduling, room bookings, and constantly-shifting meeting times.
- Evernote – Arguably one of the most popular work productivity tools amongst professionals, Evernote compiles and organizes your notes, documents, bookmarks, and more across all devices. Also, Evernote offers free and premium services so you can tailor the platform to fit your needs.
- Google Drive: A strong companion to Evernote, Google Drive helps you compile all notes, documents, spreadsheets, and more in the cloud. The ability to share documents and grant access to other colleagues is extremely valuable. Also, multiple people can work on the same documents at the same time, so you can knock out group deliverables in a flash.
- Microsoft Wireless Mobile Mouse 4000: If you find yourself working remotely or on-the-go, a mobile mouse cuts out the hassle of wires and allows you to work across a variety of surfaces. So if you find yourself tasked with finishing a deliverable at the airport or local coffee shop, a wireless mouse is a must. And for you Mac users, theApple Magic Mouseadds another layer of intuitive design that will give you an extra boost of productivity.
- Noise-Canceling Headphones: Sometimes, there just aren’t enough apps to get you “in the zone.” For those special days, we recommend good old-fashioned noise-canceling technology. Also, if you’re a heavy business traveler, these headphones are a smart investment to help you work on-the-go or rest up for a long, productive trip.
While this list is far from exhaustive, we hope it helps propel you one step closer to reaching a higher level of daily productivity. If anything, these gadgets and apps show you that if there is an organizational task or roadblock hindering you from optimal performance in the workplace, chances are…there’s an app for that!