Global Corporate Controller (1653)
Local St. Louis privately held global conglomerate is seeking a Global Corporate Controller.
- Lead Monthly, Quarterly and Annual closing process ensuring all work is accurate and completed on a timely basis.
- Work closely with the Site Controllers and the operating business’ accounting teams, providing leadership, coaching and guidance. Ensures operating businesses financial reporting teams effectively communicate unusual/non-recurring accounting entries and transactions, makes appropriate decisions on accounting and reporting issues, and evaluates performance and business trends to support growth and improvement.
- Ensure overall compliance, reporting accuracy, internal controls effectiveness, and stewardship. Maintains internal reporting systems and responsible for the overall consolidation of the financial results.
- Oversee the accounting close process and continuously improve processes to scale with the organization. This role will both participate in and oversee the global accounting processes.
- Develop, implement, and maintain Accounting policies, procedures, and guidelines for company financial and reporting systems. Facilitates the operating businesses’ determination that internal financial controls are functioning properly and effectively, and that information reported to Corporate is in accordance with U.S. GAAP and sound financial practices.
- Ensures timely identification, research and conclusions on technical accounting issues through technical memos and accounting policies. Stays current on U.S. GAAP with the responsibility for planning, implementing, gathering data, and reporting to comply with changing requirements.
- Global responsibility for ensuring all sites adhere to internal controls and accounting policies as defined by the client.
- Control benchmarking processes defined, monitored and mitigation actions defined and executed on regular basis.
- Periodic reviews of policy adherence.
- Appropriate peer review processed defined and followed.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly financial statements, ensuring all work is accurate and completed on a timely basis. This includes reviewing all individual entity/division profit and loss statements, balance sheets, and statement of cash flows. Ensures timely preparation and review of quarterly compliance reporting to lenders and any other required third parties.
- Serves as global leader of the annual audit process from planning and scoping, to the issuance of the annual report. Lead and actively participate in the annual financial audit, including work paper preparation.
- Assists in reviewing the Company’s consolidated financial results, trends, and ratios for reasonableness and reports on financial stability, liquidity, and growth. Assists in analyzing the financial impact of major business decisions and operational issues affecting the company. Develops ad hoc financial analyses and reporting as needed.
- Provides leadership of the accounting integration of acquired businesses, including implementation of client processes and systems, development of the opening balance sheet, and application of US GAAP and purchase accounting adjustments.
- Partner with FPA on proper setup of newly acquired businesses within Chart of Accounts, Department Structures, Product Lines, etc. for consolidated financial reporting accuracy within global company.
- Oversight of global treasury activities, cash forecasting and ensuring optimization of cash positions on global and local levels.
- Responsible for cash forecasting process development and meeting cadence to facilitate key cash allocation decisions
- Drive global cash plans to ensure cash availability for quarterly debt servicing
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting with a CPA.
- A minimum of ten (10) years’ progressive financial or public accounting experience with exposure to multi-plant, multi-currency manufacturing environment.
- Executive presence, dynamic interpersonal skills, diplomacy, and integrity.
- Strong problem-solving skills, strategic thinking skills for assessing needs and recommending changes.
- Excellent team-building skills, with the leadership skillset to recruit, train, coach, and mentor top-quality associates both at Corporate and the operating businesses.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, conveying a clear and concise message with proper direction.
- Focused, perceptive, bullet point thinker who can help create, articulate and implement the accounting and reporting vision within global accounting functions.
- A solid understanding of accounting and financial reporting software tools, and the ability to communicate and work well with IT personnel and FPA team to implement changes and improvements.
- A demonstrated ability to work with all levels of Company Leadership, our operating companies, and across the various corporate groups to provide relevant insightful information to collaboratively drive decisions.
- Approaches broader finance organization with a service mentality.
- Ability to travel both domestically and out of the USA
The Controller, under the direction of the CEO and Board of Directors, manages accounting and payroll functions, performs general and cost accounting ....
Director – Technical Accounting (1590)
Director, Technical Accounting and Special Projects Client is seeking a Director, Technical Accounting and Special Projects to be a trusted memb ....
Director of Financial Reporting and Compliance (1634)
The Director of Financial Reporting and Compliance provides leadership to the financial planning, reporting and analysis functions. Utilizing fin ....
Staff Accountant (1626)
Staff Accountant - Base salary range $44,000 - $55,000 plus bonus - Successful company with excellent career growth potential Key Responsibili ....
Accounts Payable Specialist
Accounts Payable Specialist Responsibilities: · Charges expenses to accounts and cost centers by analyzing invoice/expense reports; recording entri ....
Financial Leadership role (1621)
The Controller will be responsible for all the financial, payroll, insurance, tax and banking functions for Client and all of its single member LLCs a ....
VP Income Tax Compliance & Planning (1636)
The Vice President, Income Tax Compliance/Planning will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of income tax compliance, ensuring the company' ....
Senior Accountant (1622)
Reporting to the Controller, the Senior Accountant will be responsible for general accounting procedures: journal entries, fixed asset reporting ....
Investment Analyst (1624)
As a member of the investment team, the Analyst works on deal teams to evaluate and monitor potential and existing equity and subordinated debt invest ....
Project Accountant (1629)
The Project Accountant will work closely with project managers, financial analysts, and other stakeholders to ensure the successful financial manageme ....