Director, Subsidiary Finance and Accounting (1658)
The Director, Subsidiary Finance and Accounting will implement and standardize accounting, credit and collection, and other financial policies within company subsidiaries. Provide financial advice and recommend solutions to improve cash flow and profitability to the subsidiaries and corporate executives.
- Act as primary point of contact between subsidiaries and corporate finance and accounting departments.
- Work with Vice President, North American Subsidiaries to successfully execute strategic financial objectives.
- Coordinate treasury and accounting integration activities across subsidiaries and parent.
- Formalize a credit process that includes the establishment of unsecured credit lines for all customers and ensures adherence to available lien and bond statutes.
- Establish protocols and processes for the approval of customer orders.
- Manage subsidiaries to achieve standard collection targets including days sales outstanding, delinquency, collection percentage and bad debt expense.
- Manage the overall cash flow of the subsidiaries to achieve working capital targets.
- Direct alignment with subsidiaries accounting operations and parent.
- Ensure subsidiaries are resourced appropriately to execute financial and accounting objectives.
- Create and deliver meaningful financial reports and presentations to senior management and external stakeholders that include information on financial trends, risks, and opportunities; deliver comprehensive explanations of financial data to drive informed decision-making. Provide ad-hoc reporting and analysis as required to support the business and its leaders.
- Assist with the annual budget process. Analyze actual financial results against established targets, identify areas of variance, and provide insightful recommendations to improve financial performance.
- Continuously enhance reporting tools and processes to ensure accurate and streamlined information flow. Identify opportunities for process automation and contribute to the implementation of new technologies to increase efficiency and effectiveness at subsidiaries.
- Participate in monthly and quarterly business reviews with key leadership.
- Travel regularly to subsidiaries to build relationships with management, key employees, customers, and suppliers.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience: Progressive experience in accounting, finance, and wholesale credit and collections
- Four-year degree: Concentration or major in finance, accounting, or economics
- 11+ years’ experience preferred: Increasing responsibility in financial and accounting operations, or equivalent
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Knowledge of the Company’s accounting, finance, and leasing policies and procedures
- Knowledge of software related to accounting and financial operations
- Knowledge of quantitative accounting and finance methods
- Knowledge of financial controls (i.e., division of responsibilities)
- Knowledge of Company quality goals and standards
- Statistical analysis skills
- Financial analysis and interpretive skills to evaluate internal and external financial statements
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to provide leadership to attain departmental and individual goals
- Ability to effectively train and instruct in group settings and one on one
- Ability to work with all levels of employees and management, both internally and externally
- Ability to mediate customer and supplier conflicts
Compensation & Benefits Details:
The expected rate of pay for this position is $150,000-$200,000 annually. This position is also bonus eligible with a target of 35%, based on specific and relevant business metrics. Additionally, the role is eligible for our profit-sharing plan and stock purchase plan.
The company is known for comprehensive benefits and employee stock ownership plan! As a full-time employee, you will accrue THREE weeks of vacation during your first 12 months, and will have access to a wide variety of our benefits. Benefits include: Medical Insurance and Prescription Drug, Dental Insurance, Vision Plan, Life Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Disability Benefits, Profit Sharing Plan, 401(k) Savings Plan, Paid Vacation, Sick Days and Holidays, Employee Recognition Program
Office environment. Frequent travel required.
Senior Accountant (1622)
Reporting to the Controller, the Senior Accountant will be responsible for general accounting procedures: journal entries, fixed asset reporting ....
Director of Financial Reporting and Compliance (1634)
The Director of Financial Reporting and Compliance provides leadership to the financial planning, reporting and analysis functions. Utilizing fin ....
Project Accountant (1629)
The Project Accountant will work closely with project managers, financial analysts, and other stakeholders to ensure the successful financial manageme ....
Investment Analyst (1624)
As a member of the investment team, the Analyst works on deal teams to evaluate and monitor potential and existing equity and subordinated debt invest ....
Plant Controller (1641)
The Plant Controller is responsible for all accounting functions for the plant to include: financial reporting, maintenance of an adequate system of a ....
Accounts Payable Specialist
Accounts Payable Specialist Responsibilities: · Charges expenses to accounts and cost centers by analyzing invoice/expense reports; recording entri ....
Financial Leadership role (1621)
The Controller will be responsible for all the financial, payroll, insurance, tax and banking functions for Client and all of its single member LLCs a ....
Cost Accountant (1630)
As the Plant Accountant, you will manage the day-to-day accounting functions to assure accurate and timely information is provided to all levels of t ....
Staff Accountant (1626)
Staff Accountant - Base salary range $44,000 - $55,000 plus bonus - Successful company with excellent career growth potential Key Responsibili ....
The Controller, under the direction of the CEO and Board of Directors, manages accounting and payroll functions, performs general and cost accounting ....