The Controller is a senior manager responsible for managing all company-wide financial and accounting activities. This position is responsible for the company budget, cash flow projections, taxes, inventory control, GAAP and statutory compliance, month and year-end closings, variance analyses, annual audit, QuickBooks software use and stability. The Controller supervises and coordinates IT and HR services. This person will also be expected to develop policies and procedures that will improve company financial performance, while minimizing surprises throughout the company.
- Plan, direct, and control the company’s accounting and financial activities, ensuring compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), statutory guidelines and internal financial policies and procedures
- Establish and maintain systems and controls that verify the integrity of all systems, processes and data, and enhance the company’s value
- Prepare monthly financial statements, comparing to budget and prior year, and analyzing variances
- Provide monthly tracking of key performance indicators, and financial covenant compliance, identifying key trends, developments and action items.
- Track raw materials, procurement requirements, inventory movement, in-stock quantities, production volumes, product sales and intercompany transfers
- Develop and lead annual budgeting process, report results, variances and corrective actions to assure budgeted goals are achieved
- Prepare for and manage the annual audit
- Develop, implement and enforce policies and procedures of the organization that will improve the financial performance of the company
- Assure the stability, security and use of IT infrastructure company-wide
- Keep software releases up-to-date and identify opportunities/lead efforts to integrate a more robust IT platform into all facets of company operations
- Review capital purchase requests for management approval, maintain supporting documentation
- Negotiate annual service contracts and coordinate with payroll provider
- Maintain company business insurance policies
- Supervise process of filing sales and use tax returns
- Manage cash flow, including preparing and maintaining a detailed cash flow projection, recognizing the need to increase scrutiny as necessary
- Coordinate month-end and year-end closing processes in timely and accurate manner
- Streamline and improve efficiency of company accounting and financial procedures
- Supervise and coordinate IT services, including implementation of new accounting and ERP software modules as appropriate
- Manage a variety of special projects as assigned by the company’s President
- Communicate and work effectively with all departments of the company
- Work with President to handle hiring of employees, employment practices and policies, personnel issues, disciplinary action, and determination of rates of pay
- Maintain a clean and organized work environment throughout the Accounting Department
- Provide effective management of Accounting team including directing work, delegating tasks, developing skills, evaluating performance, and training
Project Accountant (1629)
The Project Accountant will work closely with project managers, financial analysts, and other stakeholders to ensure the successful financial manageme ....
Director of Financial Reporting and Compliance (1634)
The Director of Financial Reporting and Compliance provides leadership to the financial planning, reporting and analysis functions. Utilizing fin ....
Cost Accountant (1630)
As the Plant Accountant, you will manage the day-to-day accounting functions to assure accurate and timely information is provided to all levels of t ....
Staff Accountant (1626)
Staff Accountant - Base salary range $44,000 - $55,000 plus bonus - Successful company with excellent career growth potential Key Responsibili ....
Sr IT Financial Analyst (1639)
Our client is seeking a seasoned Senior IT Finance Analyst to join the finance team, focusing on IT financial management and analysis with a dotted li ....
Accounts Payable Specialist
Accounts Payable Specialist Responsibilities: · Charges expenses to accounts and cost centers by analyzing invoice/expense reports; recording entri ....
Investment Analyst (1624)
As a member of the investment team, the Analyst works on deal teams to evaluate and monitor potential and existing equity and subordinated debt invest ....
Director – Technical Accounting (1590)
Director, Technical Accounting and Special Projects Client is seeking a Director, Technical Accounting and Special Projects to be a trusted memb ....
The Controller, under the direction of the CEO and Board of Directors, manages accounting and payroll functions, performs general and cost accounting ....
Financial Leadership role (1621)
The Controller will be responsible for all the financial, payroll, insurance, tax and banking functions for Client and all of its single member LLCs a ....