Chief Financial Officer (1657)
The Chief Financial Officer of this large North American privately held distributor will report to, and collaborate with, the President and ownership. As a member of the executive management team, the CFO will lead us in creating long-term value and maximizing profitability.
Business Strategy and Planning:
- Develop and execute the company’s financial strategy
- Develop plans for growth to increase company profit while also controlling expenses
- Identify investment opportunities and managing mergers and acquisitions
- Lead annual operating budget and annual strategic planning process which serves as a basis for the budget. Review ongoing analysis of variances from budget and lead in implementing changes needed to achieve budget goals.
- Responsible for annual capital budgets and Capital Equipment Requests. Ensure assets and related depreciation is recorded accurately and in compliance with company policies.
Leadership of Accounting/Financial Activities and People:
- Manage Accounting and Finance departments, develop and continuously improve policy, procedures, and processes
- Spearhead the hiring, development/training, and mentoring of the financial team
- Ensure that monthly financial statements are completed timely and accurately
- Ensure that all balance sheet accounts are reconciled monthly and in compliance with company policies and standards, and that any outstanding variances are identified and corrected in a timely manner
- Responsible for all internal and external corporate financial and operating reports
- Direct the Credit Department to ensure that accounts receivable are collected timely
- Strives to achieve goals for cash collections and to minimize bad debt
- Maintain a working knowledge of federal, state, and local taxation
Mentoring, Other Functional Areas of Involvement and Special Projects:
- Other departments may include, but are not limited to, Information Technology and Human Resources. Ensures the department is adequately staffed and trained
- Monitor purchases to ensure supply costs are kept to budgeted levels
- Provide financial leadership and guidance to other managers. Train managers on financial matters and provide routine feedback regarding department performance.
- Understand our company culture and manage accordingly
- Highly responsive style of management
- Control multiple projects and deadlines
- Some travel will be expected, as needed, to company branches, major business partners, trade shows as well as acquisition targets for due diligence and integration.
- Coordinate matters with outside Legal counsel, Public Accounting firm, Banks, Insurance and other professional service providers
- Work with outside vendors on all corporate insurance matters and issues along with Corporate benefits and plans
- Ability to lead passionately with a high degree of honesty, integrity, and character
- Decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Leadership skills with the ability to delegate, motivate and inspire team members
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to manage time effectively
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or business-related field with major in Accounting
- Minimum of 10 years overall professional experience
- Minimum 3 years successful CFO experience in a distribution or manufacturing setting
- Prior public accounting experience a plus
- Experience in, and appreciation for, family business
- CPA (active or inactive status)
- Proven financial analysis skills
- Experience in foreign currency exchanges
- Experience working with information technology and proficiency with software packages including Excel and Word
- Ability to think strategically and solve problems
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other corporate officers, key managers, and fellow associates
- Positive attitude and continuous improvement mentality
- Family atmosphere and work environment
- Participate in the leadership of a winning team
- Growth and development opportunities
- Competitive executive compensation
- Excellent medical and prescription drug plan
- 401k plan with strong company match
- Bonus opportunity
Accounts Payable Specialist
Accounts Payable Specialist Responsibilities: · Charges expenses to accounts and cost centers by analyzing invoice/expense reports; recording entri ....
Director – Technical Accounting (1590)
Director, Technical Accounting and Special Projects Client is seeking a Director, Technical Accounting and Special Projects to be a trusted memb ....
The Controller, under the direction of the CEO and Board of Directors, manages accounting and payroll functions, performs general and cost accounting ....
Senior Accountant (1622)
Reporting to the Controller, the Senior Accountant will be responsible for general accounting procedures: journal entries, fixed asset reporting ....
Project Accountant (1629)
The Project Accountant will work closely with project managers, financial analysts, and other stakeholders to ensure the successful financial manageme ....
Director of Financial Reporting and Compliance (1634)
The Director of Financial Reporting and Compliance provides leadership to the financial planning, reporting and analysis functions. Utilizing fin ....
VP Income Tax Compliance & Planning (1636)
The Vice President, Income Tax Compliance/Planning will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of income tax compliance, ensuring the company' ....
Investment Analyst (1624)
As a member of the investment team, the Analyst works on deal teams to evaluate and monitor potential and existing equity and subordinated debt invest ....
Financial Leadership role (1621)
The Controller will be responsible for all the financial, payroll, insurance, tax and banking functions for Client and all of its single member LLCs a ....
Cost Accountant (1630)
As the Plant Accountant, you will manage the day-to-day accounting functions to assure accurate and timely information is provided to all levels of t ....